The Adventures of Team Tasman

Grant, Brooke and Maxwell Norsworthy

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Max turns one!

We had Max's party on Sunday! It supposed to be an outdoor garden party but instead it was freezing cold and rainy. Needless to say we had the party indoors! Still, it was really fun. The teens put on a puppet show for everyone. And 11 babies played and made lots of noise!


I made a "MAX" cake that was half home-made banana cake and half Betty Crocker!! I'm not sure whether I felt sad or liberated to finally use such an iconic American short-cut! In keeping with an American tradition, I made a separate cake for our little one-yr-old. Typically, the birthday boy/girl gets to have cake, for the first time on their first birthday. I wasn't ready to expose Max to frosting and food coloring yet so I made Max a tower of banana cupcakes topped with yogurt and strawberries. After we sang Happy Birthday, he gingerly picked off all the strawberries and ate them, then started picking up the cupcakes like blocks and throwing them - which doesn't say much for my baking skills!!

Here are a few pics from the day!

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger Wes and Rae Leytham said...

What a great cake!! I love both of them.

Max is still a handsome boy!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home